In many rock-festivals at North-West of Russia Segezha "Rybka" is just a newcomer. This, the most delicious project, was created thanks to Segezha rock-groups.
First issue of "Rybka", in 1997, was unpretentious but successful:
"North-West Wood" (Segezha),
The second, in 1998, represented all kind and styles of music from all North-West region of Russia:
"Komendanstsky Chas" (Kostomuksha),
"Zadvig Poplavskogo" (Petrozavodsk),
Vlad Kraev (Petersburg),
"Kuzya Band" (Murmansk),
All Segezha projects.
The club atmosphere, beer, funny auditorium and fishing after the festival - invariable features of "Rybka".
Any style of music is welcome (even very boredom melancholic projects are to be considered), all participating groups have to have sense of humour (even the most tragical groups).
Besides all participants, professionals and newcomers have to have following skills: to make a fire, swim, to play and sing under any weather circumstances.
The rock-festival "Rybka" is hold on the first part of July.
Segezha rock-festival “Rybka” is organized and carried out by a Public organization “Segezhsky rock- club Kotyol” together with Department of culture and Management of youth education of local administration of Segezha, Republic of Karelia.
Segezha rock-festival “Rybka” (hereinafter - the Festival) is a cultural and entertainment
- To reveal art-creative ideas of the solo performers and groups of various musical genres or practicing other kinds of art.
- To organize a cultural exchange between creative people from Russia and foreign countries.
The Festival’s objectives:
- By means of granting stage and equipment to the artists to give them an opportunity to realize their creative potential.
- To give an opportunity to the audience to observe and to ,;sten to the artists perform live music.
- To popularize the participants of the Festival in mass meoi'a.
-To get the visitors of the Festival acquainted with the nature of Karelia, historical and cultural sights of Segezha.
In order to take part in the Festival the professional or amateur groups and solo performers have to submit the application form (see section "Contacts" below).
The organizing committee of the Festival will consider any applications relating to rock and pop music, jazz, classical music, variety show, folklore, small theatrical forms, dance, fine arts etc.
The Festival does not carry any competitive character, it is not a contest.
The Festival cooperates with other festivals of live music in Russia and abroad. It takes place on the Large stage of the Centre of Culture and leisure in the town of Segezha, Republic of Karelia
- The organizing committee of the Festival makes registration of the participants who have submitted the application.
- The organizing committee provides the participants with food and accomodation during the two days of the Festival, transport expenses should be covered by the participants themselves.
- With the purpose to achieve a quality sound a soundcheck will be organized prior to the concert.
- With each person who has submitted the application, the organizing committee maintains individual contact.
- The participants need to have their own instruments and it is desirable for the drummer to have his own set of cymbales.
- Upon the arrival to the Festival the participants will receive a schedule with the details of the Festival’s programme .
An approximate schedule of one day:
- Soundcheck (during all day);
- Press conference;
- Concert (duration of performance from about 20 to 40 minutes as agreed with the organizing committee);
- Night sit-round gathering by the bonfire in the countryside.
There can be changes brought in to the programme.
For application and other inquiries please contact as follows
Phone +7(911)410-09-13 Alexander Dorofey
-The participants have to inform the organizing committe;. ibout the dates of their arrival and departure, especially if they wish to come in advance or linger in Segezha for some time after the Festival ;
-The participants are allowed and welcome to bring with themselves in order to sell, exchange or present their CD’s, audio-cassettes, posters etc.;
-During the concerts safety of the participants, audience etc. will be insured by security;
-The Festival will be carried out in a free-from-drugs mode.
In 1996, under the leadership of the initiative group was the first, test festival "Goldfish". For the years of its holding it acts as more than 500 groups of cities: Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Rostov-on-don, Tolyatti, Tomsk, Tyumen(Noyabrsk), Tula, Bryansk, Smolensk, Vyazma, Vyborg, Novgorod the Great, Perm, Saratov, Vologda, Syktyvkar, Arkhangelsk, Severodvinsk, Moscow, Murmansk, Severomorsk, Apatity, Polyarnie Zori, Kharkov, Odessa, Kiev, Minsk, Mogilev, Helsinki, Lieksa and almost all cities of the Republic of Karelia.